9 Harry Potter Crafts to Get You in that Magical Spirit!8:00 AM
J.K. Rowling's latest book, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, will be released this weekend! To get you, my beloved readers, in that magical ready-for-new-books spirit, here are my favorite Harry Potter craft ideas from around the web!
9 Harry Potter Craft Ideas
1. Maybe this monster book of monsters box (via Craftster) would be a great place to stash your most treasured HP paraphernalia. Stash your ticket stubs for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in November.
2. Express any angst you may have about the book before it comes out, by making your own paper howler (via Snapguide). Mine would say something like, "WHY CAN'T HARRY JUST LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER?! HASN'T HE BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH?!"
3. Make Harry, Ron and Hermione pillows, so you can comfort your favorite characters as you read about them going through adulthood stresses (via Etsy).
4. Make floating keys (via Buzzfeed) to remind yourself that magical ideas are just floating around waiting to make their way to you.
5. You'll need a wand to attend the midnight release parties at bookstores across the nation. I shudder to think of how you'd be cursed out of Barnes & Noble if you showed up without one (via BoxyColonial).
6. Put up some candles to evoke that Great-Hall-at-Christmastime vibe (via This Calls for a Party).
7. I think we can all agree that Harry Potter just needs to plant some roots to have a more stable life. Help him do just that by making a Harry Potter planter like this one (via Etsy).
8. Golden snitch DIYs are everywhere. I like this one because it's edible so you can reenact that time Harry caught the snitch in his mouth (via CookingClassy).
9. Make a Gryffindor tie (via DoodleCraftblog). Or a tie for whatever house Pottermore has chosen for you (Yeah, Ravenclaw!)
P.S. I'm soon going to send out my first newsletter, so please sign up at right if you want to receive my inaugural missive and witness me creatively fumble with technology!