Beach Party Ideas!8:00 AM
Last weekend I went to the beach with a bunch of friends for Memorial Day Weekend. It was lovely and relaxing, with perfect sunny weather. Though I've been back to work this week, I've still got beach stuff on the brain, so I thought I'd share my tips for creating the perfect summer beach party celebration!
9 Ideas for Hosting a Rad Beach Party!
1. Make lemonade! Using fresh fruit or mint is especially summery and it feels festive to have things bobbing around in your glass. (Image via Damn Delicious)
2. Add sprinkles! Whether you're coating the rims of cocktail glasses or adding a special touch to brownies or Rice Krispie treats, sprinkles are the way to go. (Image via Studio DIY)
3. Eat some corn on the cob! This Mexican street corn recipe is a great way to celebrate what's plentiful this time of year. Use the husk-shucking time to have a heart to heart with a friend or family member. (Image via Seeded at the Table)
4. Put up decorations that make you laugh! I think it's hysterical that balloons come in hot dog shapes now and am already strategizing what kind of weird situations would make this balloon relevant (dog birthday party, anyone?). (Image via OhShinyPaperCo on Etsy)
5. Paint some plasticware! Just because you're using disposables doesn't mean you can't make things feel extra special. I also endorse using colorful washi tape to decorate the edges of paper plates. Both are cheap, easy ideas that don't take a lot of time, but still look adorable. (Image via Delineate Your Dwelling)
6. Make a photo backdrop wall! This way your selfies will be summer-themed without having to do the obligatory hot-dog-legs beach pic. (Image via Lonny)
7. Bake summer cupcakes! My favorites are the ones with the mini hamburgers because apparently all you have to do is bake (or buy) cupcakes and plop mini gummy hamburgers on top and they are done. (Image via Sugar and Cloth)
8. Make photo booth props! I especially love the idea of wearing holding a goofy pair of faux glasses on a stick, going to Starbucks, and peering at the menu through these glasses like they're your prescription. (Image via OhHappyDay!)
9. Make decorations that sway in the breeze! These Mexican-wedding-inspired tassel decorations would be a great way to adorn your porch or deck this time of year, because the breeze will swing them around and give your party a relaxed vibe. (Image via Ruffled Blog)