Cake Toppers!10:09 AM
There are so many fun ways to jazz up a simple cake for any occasion!! I started to collect festive cake images and found that all the best ones feature playful pops of color on white cakes. Here are a few of my favorite pizzazz-adding cake toppers from around the web:
- Channel the lyrics of 50 cent with this festive topper (chiarabelle on Etsy).
- Show everyone what sound your plastic animals make when forced to do double-duty as guardians of the cake.
- Use gumdrops to create a candy forest, for all your forest-themed celebrations. (Marzipan Tree Cake Decorations via Oh Happy Day)
- Put a bird on it. Better yet, put two birds on it. (Flamingo Cake Topper via BHLDN)
- Any exclamation of sheer joy looks adorable atop your dessert creations. I also heartily approve of any dessert decorations that proclaim Yay! or Huzzah! (Hooray Cake Topper via Emilysteffen on Etsy)
- How dear are these deer? So dear. (photo via MiAmoreFoto)
- Fabric bunting is such a cheap and colorful way to adorn your baked goods, and it's a great way to use any extra fabric scraps. (AFeteBeckons on Etsy)
- I just like how this one tells it like it is (unless that's actually a styrofoam round covered with icing). (via Coco Cake Land)
- Spell out your message with gum letters. It's cheap and three-dimensional! (Though obviously there should be a gum comma after "birthday" in the photo above.) (Photo via Maiko Nagao)